It's 6:35 a.m. on Friday, March 20, and I have just a few minutes before we load into the car to head to the hospital. It's been nine months, and baby Cannon's time is here. I'm almost a week past my due date, and although I had planned to hold out and wait to go into labor spontaneously, I can wait no more!
I have been having mild contractions for a couple of weeks now. On Wednesday evening, during our evening walk, my contractions increased to the point that I figured it was time to head home and start timing them. Unfortunately, they petered out when I got home, and didn't start back up even when I got on the treadmill. So, after seeing our OB yesterday, we decided to go ahead and schedule the induction she suggested last week.
It was hard getting to sleep last night, since my mind tends to race at bedtime anyway. But the excitement of knowing that today was the day made it particularly hard to sleep. I awoke at 4:30, unable to get back to sleep, so I did some other things to relax, and prepared the last items to be loaded into the car.
Before checking in at the hospital, we'll drop Vivi off with her Grandma and Grandpa Cannon. It's terribly difficult for me to leave her, but she always has such a good time at their house, that I know she'll enjoy the visit. I'm looking forward to her meeting her new sibling for the first time!
Well, it's 5 minutes til "go time", so I must log off and put the last of the toiletries in the case and scoop a bleary-eyed girl into a car seat. We're looking forward to posting photos of our beautiful new addition to the family soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment