Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Giving Thanks

Thanksgiving has come and gone, but the warm feelings it brings still lingers. We were blessed to be able to share our Thanksgiving dinner with my dad, my sister debbi and her family, my brother Eric and his wife Adrian, our nephews Ryan and Jared, and several family friends. Unfortunately, My sister-in-law Colleen was not able to attend as she is very ill with cancer and was unable to leave my sister's home, where she has been living for the past several months. But several members of Colleen's family were able to spend Thanksgiving day with her, so she was still surrounded by family. Vivian gets ready to gallop to Thanksgiving dinner!

We were particularly pleased to have Eric & Adrian up since they live in San Diego and we do not get to see them very often. In fact, since we had to cancel our planned trip down there over the summer, it's been since last Christmas that we've seen them! The happy news is that Eric and Adrian are expecting their first baby in May, so the little cousins will be just two months apart! The Dean Family: Eric, Adrian & Tobin


Vivian meets E & A's dog, Tobin


I was grateful to be able to catch up with several friends over Thanksgiving weekend too. The sad thing that we don't get to see each other very often as we are spread out across the nation now. The good thing is, every time we talk, the months and miles melt away and it's like we're sitting across the room from each other!

I'm also thankful to have finished 99% of my Christmas shopping (and wrapping!). Really, the only thing I have left to buy now is a single gift card, which I suppose I can even do online. The only things left to wrap require gift bags, which I have to dig out of the storage shed. I've even gotten the majority of the gifts for January and February birthdays. I suppose this flash of holiday mania is a sign of nesting. I'm just glad to have it over with so that I don't have to face the crush of shoppers in the mall over the next month. (Now I just have to get those packages mailed out to all those friends!)

I hope each of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, full of family, friends, food & love! Yum! Turkey leg! All done!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Laura
    It's so great to see Vivian growing up so fast maybe it was the turkey leg. LOL Goodness your bro i think the last time I saw him was yes on your infamous b-day at DC. I'm happy for you all that you were able to get together this year. And Eric I wish you and Adrian the best on your 1st baby. Awww.

    ReplyDelete