Saturday, November 22, 2008

A Bunch of Sickos

The yellow quarantine flag should have been flying outside the house this week. It all started early Monday morning, when Edward woke up saying that he wasn't feeling well. I soon realized that I wasn't, either. To make a long (and disgusting) story short, we both had the 24-hour stomach flu. The problem was that it hit me particularly hard, probably because of the pregnancy, and I ended up having to go to the clinic and get 2 bags of fluids and anti-nausea meds. Although the vomiting stopped that day, we are both still recovering from the ordeal.

After the flu subsided, we both got colds, which have now turned into dual sinus infections. (We like to do things as a family, you know.) So we are slowly returning from our zombie-like states, but boy, am I sick of being sick! In addition to our illnesses, Vivian has been fighting a croupy cold for about three weeks, and had vomited this morning when I got her up. Fingers crossed, that appears to have been a once-off and not the beginning of another round of stomach flu. The nasty bug has also been making its way through our students and staff, and both Edward's mom & dad have nasty colds as well. I'm hoping that this weekend will give everyone a break, both to rest and recover, and to stop the spread of the bug through our midst!

1 comment:

  1. We had such a nice visit and like always, it flew by way too fast. You know, I almost mentioned Eric making Vivian cry and I was very close to even posting the picture but he was not liking that idea...Nice job on adding to the blog by the way. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete