Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy New Year!

The Cannon family spent a quiet New Year's Eve at home, just the way we like it. I'd been in Santa Rosa earlier in the day, helping my sister with some things, but by 6:30 I was home and glad to be off the streets! After playing with Vivi for a bit since I'd been gone all day, we put her to bed and settled in to watch a movie. At 11:58, we paused the movie to watch the ball drop, but our clock must have been wrong, because when we turned on the TV, it was 12:01, the ball was down and everyone was kissing already! Oh well.

On New Year's Day, we cleaned the house and hung out at home for the day. I made a bunch of tamales to put in the freezer for future dinners, because I wanted to practice while I still had the process fresh in my head. We ate the first batch for dinner this evening, and I must say, they were delicious! However, filling the corn husks is definitely either an art or and acquired skill. Either way, I'll continue to work on it throughout the year!

The following day, January 2, we went to the Cannon's to visit for a while, since Edward's sisters, Elisabeth & Keziah, were going to be returning to Utah on Saturday. We took some tamales and other dinners to some friends who just had a baby, and then we spent the day hanging out with Edward's family. Before Vivian went down for her nap, Edward and his dad Ron walked Vivi over to the elementary school, which is just a block away, and let her play on the slides. When I asked, upon their return, if she had a good time, Ron said, "What, you didn't hear the squeals of joy?"

Vivian gets ready to take the plunge!


Papa taught her how to climb up the slide from the bottom!


Pure ectasy!


My girl is fearless! She began going down the slide all by herself after the 2nd try!

No comments:

Post a Comment