We went to Seaside Beach, between Fort Bragg and Westport on Hwy. 1, and Vivian loved the sand! She had handfuls of it and loved the feel of it between her fingers. Edward climbed up on a big rock to take some pictures of the sea. Unfortunately, he had the camera, so I have no pictures of him up there! Everything was going great until Vivi discovered the ocean! I let her put hands into the surf as it came up on the beach, and she loved it. But that wasn't enough for her. She wanted to get in and play! (Keep in mind it was about 35 degrees outside!) Obviously, we didn't want her to go swimming just then, so I kept trying to redirect her to the sand farther up the beach. That just made her furious, and she kept trying to run back to the ocean. Edward was still up on the rock, and I don't move as fast as I used to, so I was starting to get mighty nervous. Luckily, Edward came down to help out and show Vivian the waves from a safer vantage point. She still wanted to throw herself into the surf, so we decided to head back to the car. I think I'll be vacuuming sand out of her car seat for months!
Today, we headed to church as usual, and on the way over the hill, we got to see the beautiful snow that had fallen! It wasn't much, but it was enough to make everything white! We were running a bit late, so we didn't stop to take any pictures, and unfortunately, it was all gone by the time we headed home this evening. I'm hoping it will snow again over the next few days, and that we'll be able to take Vivi out to play in it!
After church, we went to Edward's parents' house for a yummy turket dinner. After opening his presents, we had some chocolate cake and ice cream, which Vivian fully enjoyed!
After church, we went to Edward's parents' house for a yummy turket dinner. After opening his presents, we had some chocolate cake and ice cream, which Vivian fully enjoyed!
No comments:
Post a Comment